Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Wrapping Up

I learned a lot over the past 9 weeks. I discovered new genres and fine-tuned my Goodreads usage. I got to practice book talks using appeal factors. I learned about the many different appeal factors. Having said that, I think the curriculum needs to be revamped. As others have pointed out, the resources and topics are dated. Instead of book trailers or some of the resource links on the main blog, participants should be encouraged to explore the book communities on social media. For example, the Epic Reads youtube channel.
I think the way the material is presented and the way participants communicate could be improved. I wish that the program was more discussion based as opposed to blogs. Like, instead of each participant writing his or her own blog post every week, we all just comment on the main blog with the expectation that participants reply/respond to at least one other comment by another participant. This is how many of my online courses worked in college/grad school.

No comments:

Post a Comment