Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Week 5, Assignment 1 & 2

During week 1, I chose to monitor the website EarlyWord. This website bills itself as the "Publisher/Librarian Connection," and I think they live up to that. The site could be more user-friendly, in my opinion. It has a clunky layout, which was intimidating/annoying at first. But I can overlook it because there is just so much neat information. I signed up for the weekly newsletter since I don't usually have time to read during every shift.

The features that stood out to me the most are the numerous lists of Movies & TV based off of books. It's hard enough to keep track of upcoming book releases, let alone movies based off books. I also appreciate the variety of tags they use. This makes it easy to browse posts on Bestsellers or on Children & YA Fiction.

I also appreciate the side bar with links to all of the book awards. I know a fair amount about awards, but this list has introduced to me some I was not aware of before, like the Women's Prize for Writing. It's especially useful how they note which month the award is announced.

No comments:

Post a Comment